Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Firmoo Eyeglasses from Firmoo Online Optical Eyewear Store

Firmoo Eyeglasses from Firmoo Online Optical Eyewear Store

I was contacted through personal message on Facebook by Ms. Katrina Houkes, Marketing Assistant for Firmoo Online Optical Eyewear Store, on the morning of Tuesday, April 5, 2016. I was not aware of this eyewear company before contact with her. In the personal message on Facebook she explained who she was, and kindly granted me the offer of trying a pair of her eyewear  in exchange for a honest, quality, and unbiased review on my Facebook group page and blog. During our contact, I told her that I do wear prescription eyeglasses. After contact with her, I immediately placed my order online, on the Firmoo website.

I was directed via link to the "Collection for Bloggers" page of the Firmoo website. On the website, I was prompted to make an account as a new customer, which was very easy because I had the option of linking it up with my Facebook information. My interest was immediately peaked about the Firmoo website because it is very professional and very well put together. Moreover, there were many options to choose from even for those that do not wear prescription eyeglasses. The Firmoo Online Optical Eyewear Store also has sunglasses, prescription and non-prescription, accessories, safety glasses, and daily updated style trends.  

After exploring the different options on the website, I clicked on the "Eyeglasses" option at the top of the Firmoo website, which then gave the option to choose women's or men's eyeglasses. Once I clicked the "Women's" option, I was given a choice of looking through 4 pages of optical frames in different styles, sizes, prices, and colors. Again, I was impressed by the many different styles and by the frame prices, which started as low as $19, and ranged up to $39. I ended up ordering a pair of $27 frames and picked style S5308, which I also added to my "favorites." I was given a voucher code for the frames, non-scratch prescription lenses, and free shipping (basic options). However, with the basic options that I chose, my order would have only been $33.95.





                    





The pictures above are me showing off my new specs on April 16, 2016, after getting a confirmation email that my eyeglasses had shipped on the 7th.

So, how do I rate my Firmoo Eyeglasses from Firmoo Online Optical Eyewear Store?

Pros- The Firmoo Website was easy to use, website is very professional, prices for basic and add on options are excellent, there are many nice styles to chose from. The website even helps you with measurements by suggesting that you use an old pair of your frames to compare to theirs. There is also a virtual model to try your glasses on, to help you chose from the sizes of narrow, medium, or wide. You can scan, upload, and save your prescription to your account. Your Firmoo eyewear comes with a nice protective case, adjusting tool, and lens cleaning cloth. They have a return policy and will honor it if your eyewear is damaged or is not satisfactory due to their liability. You can donate your old eyewear for charity.


Cons- Even with the website help, there is a possibility that you could get the measurements wrong. In a brick and mortar eyewear shop, you are fitted for your specs by an employee. Here, you have to know your own measurements. I chose wide frames due to my PD measurement (Pupillary Distance- how far apart your pupils are). I still love my new glasses anyway, but they are a tad bit wide/big for my face. The vertical length of the lenses were also much longer than they seemed in the online picture. I could have tried medium for a better fit, I think. Also for prescription eyeglasses, you have to have the EXACT and PRECISE prescription info before you place your order. It explains in the return policy that putting the wrong prescription in is your liability, which will not be honored. Also, the wait might be too long for people that want them faster.


So, would I shop with Firmoo Online Optical Eyewear Store again? YES!!! The prices and styles are amazing! I have already went back to the site to look at a medium style frame in red or purple (still deciding). Why? Because it's good to have a back-up pair. I am also thinking about buying a pair of prescription sunglasses. I wouldn't think of it at other places but with Firmoo's prices, I could afford it. 

Here's the link: http://www.firmoo.com/

Happy Shopping! :)


2 comments: